Consolidated Communications Community Fund Awards $127,000 in Grants
MANKATO, MINN. — The Consolidated Communications Community Fund of the Mankato Area Foundation is pleased to award $127,000 in grants to 19 non-profit organizations across the company’s southern Minnesota service area. Consolidated’s Community Fund supports local programs that provide critical community services and support educational opportunities.
Grants are being awarded to the following organizations:
- Minnesota State University, Mankato – scholarships and theatre performance; $15,000
- Partners for Affordable Housing – shelter bed expansion; $15,000
- Educare Foundation – educator initiative grants; $10,000
- Feeding Our Community Partners – Backpack Food Program; $10,000
- South Central College – scholarships and virtual infrastructure equipment; $10,000
- Junior Achievement – Titan business challenge & company program; $7,500
- The Miracle League of North Mankato – adaptive playground equipment; $6,000
- Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota – STEM powered play initiative; $5,000
- Greater Mankato Diversity Council – Prejudice Reduction Workshops; $5,000
- Leisure Education for Exceptional People (LEEP) – local Special Olympics participation; $5,000
- Lifework Planning Center – Women in Transition Program; $5,000
- Lifeworks – client employment support; $5,000
- Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC) – car repair program; $5,000
- Open Door Health Clinic – dental outreach program; $5,000
- YWCA – educational programming; $5,000
- Ruth’s House of Hope – transitional shelter program; $3,000
- Science Museum of Minnesota – southern Minnesota engineering school outreach tour; $3,000
- American Red Cross – home fire prevention program; $2,500
- Hearts and Hands – family assistance program; $2,500
- Lake Crystal Recreation Center – senior programming; $2,500
“Consolidated Communications is proud to support these projects and which help make our community strong and vibrant,” said Jennifer Spaude, senior director of corporate communications and investor relations at Consolidated Communications. “Our focus has been on helping organizations that meet critical needs in the community, from hunger to homelessness, and initiatives that provide opportunities for innovative learning, from pre-k to higher education.”
Consolidated Communications Community Fund grants are awarded on an annual basis through a grant application process. Grant requests for the next fiscal year are due Dec. 1, 2017. More information on the Consolidated Communications Community Fund is available at www.consolidated.com/communityfund.
In addition to grant awards, the Consolidated Communications Community Fund’s Employee Matching Gift Program and Employee Volunteer Bonus Program provided nearly $23,000 in support to non-profit organizations last year.
About the Consolidated Communications Community Fund of the Mankato Area Foundation
Built on a tradition of community leadership and company giving, the Consolidated Communications Community Fund has given more than $5.5 million dollars to non-profit organizations since it was founded in 1963. The Consolidated Communications Community Fund focuses its outreach to communities in southern Minnesota and is administered through the Mankato Area Foundation. Learn more at www.consolidated.com/communityfund.