Downtown snow emergency in effect 10 p.m., April 16
Public Service – Mankato Times
MANKATO, MINN. — Due to heavy snow, a downtown corridor snow emergency is being called for:
- Madison Avenue to Plum Street; 100 block of east and west sides of Riverfront Drive from Madison Avenue to Plum Street;
- Main to Liberty streets from South Riverfront Drive to South Broad Street (does not include South Broad Street);
- and South Front Street from East Liberty to Marshall streets; and 100 block of east and west Liberty street
The downtown snow emergency begins at 10 p.m. tonight (Monday, April 16) and expires at 8 a.m., Tuesday (April 17). The main purpose of a downtown corridor snow emergency is to haul snow out of the downtown because there is limited storage space.
When a snow emergency is in effect there is no parking on Mankato streets so snow can be removed quickly and efficiently. Temporary parking is available downtown at no cost in the Mankato Place and Civic Center parking ramps during snow emergencies. Parking is also allowed in yards during a snow emergency.
Be one of the first to know about snow emergencies in Mankato, subscribe to receive snow emergency alerts by text message. Additional ways to learn all the latest about snow emergencies in Mankato:
- subscribe to receive city news updates by email
- sign up to receive notifications about Mankato’s snow emergency messages on Facebook: City of Mankato and Mankato Snow Emergency
- follow Mankato’s snow emergency messages on Twitter: @CityOfMankato, @MktoSnowAlerts and @MktoStreets
- telephone Mankato’s snow emergency line at 507-387-9001, 24-hour service.
For emergency snow removal questions, call 911. For general questions about snow removal in Mankato, contact city staff at 311 or 507-387-8600 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.